Sunday 14 April 2013

Reliving The Magic: Prologue

“There was a lot more to magic, as Harry quickly found out, than waving your wand and saying a few funny words.” 

This coming week I'll turn 21.

This means, officially, I'll be a grown up. I mean, I've been like a grumpy old man for as long as I remember, but on paper, I'll finally be classed as a proper grown up. With bills and responsibilities and keys.

So, it's only natural, as I begin the earnest and encroaching march towards the grave, that I look back upon something that formed a strong and important part of my childhood and that is why I'm embarking upon this project; 'Reliving The Magic' - Starting today I'll begin rereading the Harry Potter series and blogging about each book as I finish it.

Now, I won't be rereading each book in succession, unfortunately, I lack the appetite or the resolve to read each book one after the other, so naturally there'll be periods of time between each post where I'm doing other things, but don't panic, even if this project takes an absurd amount of time, they will be read and blogged about, and, if you fancy it, read along too.

I will, naturally, be blogging about other things in the meantime, however, do know that I'm starting this now and I'll almost certainly be tweeting about my progress.

See you at Platform 9 & 3/4s!

No comments:

Post a Comment